- Booking operates on a first come, first served basis. Places are not guaranteed from term to term; they are subject to availability and will ordinarily be allocated via an online booking system. Weekly classes/clubs are payable in advance for a course – “term” (usually about 6 weeks) *check term dates with us before booking.
- Refunds/credits are not given once the half-term has started. If you miss a class/club due to sickness or holidays or other circumstances it cannot be refunded, transferred or carried over to the next course. If we have to cancel (e.g. following Government announcement) or make a change to the location or time of a class/club, and you are unable to attend the rearranged session(s), then we will refund you a pro-rata share of your payment which relates to those session(s).
- Cancellations: if you cancel your place at least one week before the term begins, we will refund your fee in full, but this will be subject to a £5 administration fee. No refunds will be made after this period. If you cancel your place during the term then no refund can be given.
- In-house School Clubs: should the school or nursery decide to suspend or cancel clubs run by The Little Science Society (after the cancellation period or once the term has started) for any reason (including industrial action) we cannot issue a refund/credit, as the place has already been held, time has been allocated and resources have been purchased and prepared for the term.
- Child + Carer sessions: carers are responsible for their children during all supervised classes and must ensure their behaviour does not affect the well-being or safety of themselves or other children. Resources and lab kits are provided for each attendee for individual use under supervision. Parents and carers are expected to follow the session leader’s instructions.
Siblings: due to high demand and limited spaces younger and older siblings are not permitted to attend the class, with exception of babies in slings or prams. If you chose for more than one child to attend the class, each child must be booked and paid for separately via our booking system.
- Please avoid snacks during classes – this helps our resources stay clean and avoids any difficulties and allergy risks for other children (milk feeds are allowed for young siblings). *Snack-time will be allocated at the start of any after-school club session if needed.
- Please avoid the use of mobile phones during classes except for special circumstances. Please do not take photos or videos which include other children without prior permission from the child’s carer.
- For our virtual lessons we will require you to have your video showing, to allow us to better be able to simulate the face-to-face environment.
The Little Science Society Session Leaders have public liability cover along with a valid Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. We take child protection very seriously and we adhere to a safeguarding policy.
We will carry out all necessary research and preparation prior to each lesson to maximise children’s learning potential and safety.
We will keep all information regarding your child confidential unless permission has been granted by the carer to disclose. This includes any photographs and work that the child has produced during or out of lesson times.
We have due regard for the SEN of the child and will do our best to implement all advice provided by the carer.
Limitation of Liability
While the Session Leader will endeavour to ensure the child makes satisfactory progress, this cannot be guaranteed, and the they cannot be held accountable for the academic success of the child.
Although we will take every reasonable measure to limit spread of infections, The Little Science Society does not accept any responsibility if you and/or your child becomes unwell following our session.
To complete the booking, the carer is obliged to accept these terms and conditions by ticking appropriate boxes during the booking process via https://bookwhen.com/thelittlesciencesociety